Monday, April 25, 2011

Turning Over a New Leaf... Again.

Spring has come again (at least the calendar says so, even if the constant drizzle begs to differ), which means summer is right around the corner. Warmer weather means shorts, tanktops, and swimsuits (UGH). I find myself dreading summer more and more with each passing year. I prefer to wear and am most comfortable in jeans, a hoodie, and flip-flops.

My recent doctor visits have shown me something I'd been pretending wasn't happening - I have been gaining weight. Again. I didn't have struggles with my weight until I was pregnant with monster. I wasn't thin by any means, but I could eat whatever crap I wanted and barely work out without worrying about gaining weight. Heck, I lived on McDonald's, Starbucks, and ramen noodles in college and a couple years after. But now my weight is a constant battle.

After having monster, dealing with post-partum depression, going crazy, and all that jazz, I had decided enough was enough. January of 2009 I began eating healthier and working out. I busted my butt, tons of sweat and tears, and fought my way down 35lbs. A hospital visit threw off my groove, and I had fallen off track. Fast forward to today... I'm back up to the weight I started at in '09 (and hating myself for letting it get out of hand again), and I have dealt with several other medical issues. But enough is enough, and I am ready to begin anew once again.

I know it will be a tough road - I've been there. But I know I can do it - I've done it before. No more excuses. I need to take the time to take care of myself. Not just for swimsuit season (that is simply an added perk). I need to take care of my body. I need to be there for my son, for my husband. But most importantly, I need to do this for ME. I share this all in hopes that blogging about my struggles, venting my frustrations, and celebrating each little accomplishment and milestone will help to keep me accountable.  

"Visualize what you want out of life and think big. Don’t feel undeserving. We're all deserving of living our dreams—some of us realize it and some don't. You’re not doing anyone any favors by living small. Embrace these truths and step up. The world is waiting." -Jillian Michaels


Annnnnd I will end with this nonsensical song, the chorus of which is my current mantra. Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't struggle with my weight until I had Richard. Just before I found out I was pregnant with Aidan I had lost 50 pounds and I planned to basically lose that weight and get back down to 110 after he was born but since he was born it has been a HUGE battle and it seems like I can loose 1 pound but I gain 5 back before I even have a chance to realize I lost the one. This move has been terrible for my weight loss goals because we have been eating out A LOT!

    I wish you the best of luck on this journey and I know that you can do it if you put your mind to it!!! <3

    ReplyDelete