Saturday, April 30, 2011

Perspective - It's a Bitch

Back before monster I thought I was 'too fat'. I was not comfortable in my own skin, and always wished to be thinner, prettier, more whatever. I wasn't huge, but I wasn't thin. I had hips, a booty, and nice curves.

Fast forward to today - Oh how I wish for my pre-monster body back!!

Everything on my body has shifted and changed. The ONLY good thing that came from the pregnancy (aside from monster himself, of course), is the fact that I actually have boobs now. Yes, the boobie fairy visited me and I am no longer flat-chested. *happy dance* But I would give them up in a heartbeat to have my body go back to what it was before. Heck, there's a lot I would give up in order to rewind my body's history. But alas, that cannot be done.

Now I could sit here, bitching and moaning all day long about how I wish things were different. But the fact of the matter is that things are the way they are and the past cannot be changed. However, hope is not lost. I can push myself to create a new body that I am able to love. Having knowledge of my body past and present will help me to remember to love my body in the future.

I share this to say enjoy where you are in life. You may wish things were different, but always remember things could be much worse. I may not like how my body looks these days, but instead of constantly putting myself down I can use my current state to push myself harder. I am a work in progress, and where I am today is not where I must remain for the rest of my life. All it takes is one step in the right direction...



"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." ~Maria Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment