Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When I Grow Up...

As monster is growing and getting closer to being in school, I am trying to figure out what I want to do as far as a career. I've had my ups and downs being a stay-at-home-mom, and I'm glad that I was able to be with monster for these early years, but I am just about ready to re-enter the working world. The only problem is - I have NO idea what I want to do.



While I enjoy doing many things, there isn't anything that I am particularly skilled at. Nothing that I can see myself doing regularly for any significant amount of my life. I get bored very easily. If I do the same thing for too long, I get burned out and want to have a change of scenery.

I wish that I had decided a career path before having monster. I wish I had done my schooling, got a degree, and knew what I wanted. Taking a break to stay home and then going back into the field would have been so much easier. I -could- go to school now (and I'd like to eventually, not sure what for though), but I don't want to have more school loans and debt for something I might tire of in the very near future.

Schooling for and a career in massage therapy has been in the back of my mind for a couple years now. And I've recently begun doing a lot more research on it. But I'm still very unsure. Maybe I'd be more suited for a career in the nonprofit sector. I love to help and connect with people. And I want my life (insignificant as it may be in the grand scheme of things) to positively impact the world in any way possible.

Why is it when you ask a young child, "What would you like to do when you grow up?" they know exactly what they want (even if they don't later pursue it)? But when you ask me, I don't have a clue. Eh, guess I'll figure it out someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment